In an previous post I wrote about Reputation and it's importance in the Eclipse Phase setting. I also mentioned that it is challenging to keep track of if the players are not deliberate and suggested we use a group spreadsheet for that purpose.
This spreadsheet actually contains a page for each of the characters - currently denoted by the tabs with player names along the bottom (player names because I am still fucking waiting on character names!). As part of character generation players determine their characters' starting rep scores in the various networks by spending character points accordingly.
When you (fucking finally) get around to making characters, you will each need to enter your various rep scores in the proper categories. The sheets are mostly self-explanatory, but if you do not know how to write (or in this case, just edit spreadsheet formula) let me know and we can do it together. Anyway, you need to put your starting values into the formula in the top cell of each column that currently reads a red 0. When you double click on a cell containing a red 0 the formula that appears should look like this = 0+sum(a3...a12). Simply replace the 0 with your character's rep score for that network and hit enter.
We will then track your rep gains and losses in the corresponding columns creating a running total for each of your networks as well as a cool kind of ledger history of your character's social interactions and worth. I know this may sound weird and cumbersome, but I have done most of the heavy lifting, so once it's set up it will actually be pretty simple.
No comments:
Post a Comment